Library for stock management
Manage all your physical and digital media in one flexible, scalable solution
Library for stock management provides a powerful and comprehensive management system that can work with any type of physical content and has specific features related to the management of media items and carriers. Library is one of TMD's range of Unified Media Service (UMS) media service applications. It can be deployed as either a stand-alone application on the Mediaflex-UMS platform or as part of a wider MAM-workflow solution with additional media service applications. It is able to integrate with file-based workflows (Paragon+) and track content as it migrates from physical media to digital and, where required, back again.
Although the proliferation of digital media content continues there is still a significant volume of physical media assets in use by media organisations across the world. Managing all of this media content along with the logistics operations surrounding it requires a system that is flexible and adaptable. Mediaflex Library gives you:
- The extensive use of barcode scanning
- Label printing for both barcode and textual labels, including those for tapes and shelves
- Label design tool to enable the design and saving of label templates
- Receipt and despatch of tapes into and out of the library
- Printing of delivery notes, pick-lists and other relevant documentation
- Tracking and movement of tapes inbound, outbound and around facilities
- Wipe and destroy functionality for every asset
- A design tool that models multiple library locations and storage from building level to individual shelves
- Static position library or dynamic library options - Mediaflex supports both static and dynamic library shelf location models and can, if required, run with libraries using both systems at the same time.
- Improved tape tracking - Mediaflex Library supports many barcode reader technologies including portable readers that can help to improve tracking and reduce human errors.
- Robust stock management - Mediaflex Library can provide stock control and audit information on blank and recorded tapes through the use of standardised or custom reports. It also has comprehensive capabilities to capture historical data relating to assets. This includes movements and any processes that might be applied as tapes are overwritten and re-used.
- Tape life-cycle management and reporting - Mediaflex Library allows the lifecycle of any tape to be tracked from its arrival as blank stock, until it is exported from the facility and, even then, its history is permanently stored for future reference. This information is simply accessed and displayed on screen using searches or can be printed in the form of reports which can be exported to Excel for use in other systems.
Get in touch: We are here to help you. Get in touch with us by email or telephone today.