As the consumption of media content continues to rise across the multitude of delivery platforms, the need for media rich organisations to efficiently create, manage and publish it becomes ever more pressing. The compelling need therefore to capture, index and store metadata that enables fast, efficient and relevant search and retrieval of content lies at the heart of the organisations operation.
A data model built on years of practical experience
Mediaflex MetaServer is the metadata management environment and highly extensible data model at the heart of every Mediaflex system. The Mediaflex MetaServer’s data model has been developed from the ground up from the position of many years of practical experience of media operations. It provides a comprehensive framework for industry standard metadata along with the ability to extend the data model to meet individual business requirements.
A flexible relationship model
Mediaflex MetaServer includes a flexible relationship model, including Titles, Versions and associated Media Items, that can be configured to suit the individual needs of each organisation. Media Items can include video tapes, high resolution files, proxy files, subtitle files, audio files, graphics files and office documents, including pdfs. Titles can be defined as Series and Seasons, with each Season comprising multiple episodes. Views onto this data model show the hierarchy of the individual items ensuring that traceability and version control are fully catered for.
Based upon the industry standard Oracle relational database, Mediaflex MetaServer can be deployed in a flexible and scalable way dependent upon the needs of the organisation. From a single server to a highly resilient multi-server environment.
- Base data model defined on standard media centric organisational requirements
- Ability for customers to extend the data model to meet their own specific needs
- Efficient search and retrieval of metadata and content
- Automatic indexing of attached documents to enable searching within them
- Advanced search capabilities provided including Query by Example, Boolean functions, ‘Sounds Like’ and ‘About’ expressions as well as wild card searching.
- Extensive use of customer definable standardised reference metadata to ensure consistent data entry and improve searching
- User definable Thesaurus
- Ability to save search criteria for later use both by individuals and across groups
- Scales from a single server to multi server resilient solution to support organisations as they grow
- Enables content owners and distributors to monetise content by being able to efficiently catalogue and retrieve it
- Provides a highly extensible and user configurable data model to deliver on the needs of individual businesses
- Supports a multitude of media formats and types including video, audio, tapes, films, documents, graphics and subtitles
The Mediaflex architecture provides a highly flexible, scalable and modular system, to meet the demands of the unique nature of your business. The system consists of a core applications platform with the ability to add additional modules that extends its functionality as required. Mediaflex scales from small workgroup solutions to fully featured enterprise solutions, completely integrated into an organisation’s business systems environment.
Get in touch: We are here to help you. Get in touch with us by email or telephone today.